Turkey Thicket

Yesteday I went to Turkey Thicket for the first time.

It's really big, as you can see.

Turkey Thicket is a recreational and aquatic center in Brookland (a neighborhood a mile or two NE of my place).  During the week, I work out at a different place, the Edgewood Recreational Center,(which is about a mile and half east (in Edgewood, natch).  Edgewood has a fine Weight Room, but no pool.

Before the pandemic, I had been working out at a gym near my office.  But when the pandemic hit, I had to find others solutions (as did we all). I worked out at home and bought an exercise bike, but once the pandemic lifted I sought out a low-cost gym option.  There were none, but there WAS a NO-cost one: Edgewood, which is free to District residents.

At the time, I had also considered Turkey Thicket, but for so long it was either closed by the pandemic or under and extensive renovation. Eventually I simply forgot to follow up to find out when it was open... until yesterday!




The facility is lovely, not crowded, and even has a parking lot!  I went back again today, but drove.

Although the walk over the Loneliness Bridge is always soul-bracing.

I am glad no one reads this blog; I wouldn't want anyone else to come crowd Turkey Thicket!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendly Cows

How To Be Fabulous: Soap

Are you a MAN?!