Ironic gassing

When I went to Turkey Thicket to swim today it was shutting down! "Unplanned maintenance", as we say in the aviation industry.  So I made good use of the opportunity to visit the nearby gasoline station, where I had them check my "needs oil" light. 

As I suspected, I did not need oil, the oil meter simply hadn't been reset the last time I got the oil changed.  I also got the nice Garage Person to help me use the gas pump at the station because it had me completely stymied.  

The car is a hybrid electric and I've only filled it by myself once before.  It was refusing to use the electric because it new the gas it my tank was so old it was in danger of going sour and would only burn gas until I replenished the tank.  So, ironically, I occasionally need to fix the gas tank in my car to... stop it from using gas.

The man must have had trouble understanding how someone with a car would not know how to get gas; he asked whether I was from Australia.

Photo

 It's the Exxon station on Michigan Ave. in Brookland; I highly recommend them (at least the garage part).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendly Cows

How To Be Fabulous: Soap

Are you a MAN?!